Weeks 27 and 28: Quiet 🤫

Welcome to Weeks 27 and 28. Time to read:

Quiet: The Power of Introverts in a World That Can’t Stop Talking
by Susan Cain

Just 27 pages (or 46 minutes for the audiobook) a day to finish it in 2 weeks :raised_hands:

Who did the 20 questions near page 12?

I answered True 17 times. Introvert it is.

oh man, this book is littered with footnotes that appear as blue underlined links everywhere in this book on the iOS Kindle app. makes it pretty much completely unreadable for me :frowning: After some Googling it seems like there is no way to disable this, which seems like an unbelievable oversight from Amazon and the book publisher to me…

Gonna pass on this one…

Paper works for me :slight_smile:

I don’t even have a book shelf. Paper books are a no-go for me :slight_smile:

Local libraries don’t have English versions I suppose? Maybe an epub on iPad can help?

Oh they would have, English is the official language in Singapore. But I feel like this book is not for me, so I’ll skip this one and read the new Neal Stephenson, my favourite SciFi author.

A little late to the party for this week’s book (was finishing up a fun book - The Undoing Project) but will get started with this one tonight :slight_smile:

Did anyone manage to read this? Still curious to hear of it is worth getting a paper version. The reviews on Goodreads convinced me to skip this.

A friend of mine mentioned she got fired from her work after reading this book. Sound enough like a recommendation for me :slight_smile:

Still reading, though.