Discussion—What should we read for weeks 21 and 22!?

Instead of our usual poll, we’re gonna have a chat and see how it goes. :blush:

what do you want to read next?

Personally, but I’m way too into this sort of thing, I’d like to read Addiction by Design by Natasha Dow Schüll
But, I somehow doubt anyone else is going to be as into a book about slot machines. :slightly_frowning_face:

Poll 🗳 — What should we read for weeks 19 and 20?

Maybe we just “heart” the books that we would like to read and the post with the most heart wins?

Looking at my Goodreads “Want to Read” list, I would suggest “Traction by Gabriel Weinberg”. Suspiciously high rating, 100% suitable title for this startup themed book club :wink:

Love the idea of throwing ideas around and hearting the favourites… would Shoe Dog by Phil Knight be a candidate? :slightly_smiling_face:

Had anyone read Elon Musk: Tesla, SpaceX, and the Quest for a Fantastic Future? I read it a few years ago and it’s truly a fantastic book! I think it’s very in the startup spirit.

“Thinking in Bets” maybe: https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/35957157-thinking-in-bets?

can you edit your post so that it only shows one title and then suggest the other title in a separate post? otherwise we can’t “heart” them individually :wink:

And maybe link to Goodreads.

Or “Creativity Inc.”: https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/18077903-creativity-inc?

yes, this makes the most sense.

Slicing Pie

Perennial Seller

V for Vendetta

I just bought a book about meaningless work: Bullshit Jobs by David Graeber

I also picked up Videocracy by Kevin Allocca about YouTube.

The Hundred-Year Marathon: China’s Secret Strategy to Replace America as the Global Superpower
I’m two chapters into the book and I am really enjoying it. Gradually shaping my thinking about the recent rise of China.

Since it is already on my reading list, Man’s Search for Meaning by Viktor Frankl

Got good reviews from my friends about this book: Don’t Make Me Think by Steve Krug (complements the design of everyday things).

The Mom Test: How to talk to customers & learn if your business is a good idea when everyone is lying to you :wink:

I read the first few chapters of The Culture Code by Daniel Coyle and have enjoyed it thus far. He writes in a way that reminds me of our first book and author.

Ooi that’s a great read!

Tools of Titans by Tim Ferriss

Had an huge impact on my view of life and mindset.